To ensure you won’t fall victim to loan fraud, as you’ll see in this video, be sure to follow all of these steps as you apply for a loan:
- Be sure to read and understand everything before you sign.
- Refuse to sign any blank documents.
- Do not buy property for someone else.
- Do not overstate your income.
- Do not overstate how long you have been employed.
- Do not overstate your assets.
- Accurately report your debts.
- Do not change your income tax returns for any reason.
- Tell the whole truth about gifts.
- Do not list fake co-borrowers on your loan application.
- Be truthful about your credit problems, past and present.
- Be honest about your intention to occupy the house
And do not provide false supporting documents.
Latest posts by TitleTap (see all)
- A guide to building + marketing your solo law firm website - November 19, 2020
- TitleTap’s New and Improved Net Sheet Rate Calculator Can Help You Close More Real Estate Faster! - November 18, 2020
- How to land more clients as a solo attorney - November 4, 2020