The video puts this in more visual terms, but 203(b) is the most commonly used FHA program. It offers a low down payment, flexible qualifying guidelines limited lender’s fees, and a maximum loan amount. 203(k) loans enable homebuyers to finance both the purchase and rehabilitation of a home through a single mortgage. A portion of the loan is used to pay off the seller’s existing mortgage and the remainder is placed in an escrow account and released as rehabilitation is completed. Basic guidelines for 203(k) loans are as follows:
- The home must be at least one year old.
- The cost of rehabilitation must be at least $5,000, but the total property value – including the cost of repairs must fall within the FHA maximum mortgage limit.
TitleTap provides turn-key websites and marketing tools like Video, Social Media Management, and Email Marketing for Title Agents and Real Estate Attorneys. Get more great marketing tips like this specifically relevant to Real Estate, Title Insurance, Mortgage Lending, and Law by subscribing or visiting our blog above.
Latest posts by TitleTap (see all)
- TitleTap Partners with Paymints.io on Online Payment Website Integration - July 16, 2021
- Not Every Website is Created Equal: How To Pick The Right Provider For Your Law Firm or Title Company - April 29, 2021
- TitleTap Adds Website Integrations for Qualia, Closer’s Choice, Alanna.ai, Zoccam and more to their HUB - April 23, 2021