- How many clients should a solo attorney have?
- How do you build your client base?
- How much time should you spend on marketing your law firm?
- 4 marketing tactics you can use for your law firm
1. Share your knowledge on social mediaYou won’t need a presence on every social platform, but a strategic social presence is important. It will help you show up in search rankings as well as boost your law firm’s credibility. Many consumers do their research through social media. They’ll look for how you communicate as well as customer reviews as social proof. Keep in mind that you can always add additional platforms to your solo firm’s social presence as you master them. For example, once you have a solid Facebook presence, you can consider expanding your social reach to Twitter. Adding too many from the start can be overwhelming and cause you to not effectively engage on any platform.
2. Publish a blog or vlogSearch engines like to reward websites with fresh, constantly updated content. One way to accomplish this is through regular posting, either blog posts, videos, or both. For example, a bankruptcy attorney could post a blog that tells their audience when to consider filing for bankruptcy. If you’re stuck on trying to come up with blog topics, here are a few thought starters:
- Policy and law changes in your practice area
- Unique case studies from your clients
- Any recent awards you won
- Most common questions that prospects and clients ask you
3. Write a newsletterEmail is one of the most cost-effective tactics for marketing to existing and potential clients. By publishing a regular newsletter, you can stay top of mind with your audience while establishing your expertise and credibility. To get potential clients to sign up for your email list or newsletter, try offering an incentive. This could be access to gated content like a guide, case study, or ebook. The content included in your newsletter is dependent on your firm’s individual objectives. However, a good place to start would be sharing recent blog post snippets, team bios or additions, legal updates, press releases, or relevant cases and news stories.
4. Invest in SEOSEO stands for search engine optimization, and it plays a crucial role in any website, particularly those in competitive industries like legal. Search engines crawl websites looking for information that can tell them whether the site is relevant to the visitor’s search query. If your site is optimized for search, it will be easier to crawl and show up higher in the rankings. To optimize for this, you’ll need to publish regular, quality content. You’ll also need descriptive page titles, meta descriptions, alt text, and you’ll want to improve the load speed of your site. All of these will help to improve organic search traffic. Keep in mind the keywords you want to rank for when optimizing your site. For example, if you want to rank for “estate planning attorney in Houston,” you’ll need to make sure your website spells out exactly where you’re located and the services you provide. Search engines will never associate your firm as a Houston law office if you never mention the city or even the state on your website. When choosing the marketing tactics to help you land more clients the most important part is to just get started. Your marketing strategy doesn’t have to be perfect right off the bat, but you do need to have one. Select a marketing strategy that makes sense for your firm and move forward with it. You can always try another one later.
TitleTap provides turn-key websites and marketing tools like Video, Social Media Management, and Email Marketing for Title Agents and Real Estate Attorneys. Get more great marketing tips like this specifically relevant to Real Estate, Title Insurance, Mortgage Lending, and Law by subscribing or visiting our blog above.
Latest posts by TitleTap (see all)
- TitleTap Partners with Paymints.io on Online Payment Website Integration - July 16, 2021
- Not Every Website is Created Equal: How To Pick The Right Provider For Your Law Firm or Title Company - April 29, 2021
- TitleTap Adds Website Integrations for Qualia, Closer’s Choice, Alanna.ai, Zoccam and more to their HUB - April 23, 2021